Regenerative Components found in Rexo:
- Proteins – Required for the structure, function and regulation of the body’s tissues and organs, proteins help repair tissues and allow metabolic reactions to occur. Some proteins are chemical messengers between cells, tissues and organs while others provide structure and support.
- Collagens – Collagens form a scaffold to provide strength and structure throughout the body delivering a platform for new tissue growth.
- Cytokines – These molecules serve as messengers between cells, mediating and regulating immunity, inflammation and hematopoiesis. They stimulate the production of blood cells and provide growth and differentiation factions that function in development, tissue maintenance and repair.
- Growth Factors – Regulate cell division and cell survival to stimulate the growth of a specific tissue.
- Hyaluronic Acid – Naturally present in the body, hyaluronic acid acts as a cushion and lubricant for the joints and other tissues. Hyaluronic acid can be used for various joint disorders and aging among other conditions. It may promote healthier, more supple skin, speed up wound healing and preserve bone strength.
- Amino Acids – The building blocks of proteins, amino acids are vital for protein synthesis, tissue repair and nutrient absorption.
- Elastin – As the most dominant protein found in skin, elastin provides resilience and elasticity to tissues and organs. It is 1000 times more flexible than collagen and one of the body’s most enduring proteins.
- Chemokines – A form of cytokine that stimulates movement and plays a crucial role in immunological reactions.
- Carbohydrates – Vital in supporting life’s basic functions, carbohydrates produce and store energy, build macromolecules, extra proteins and assist in lipid metabolism.
- Mesenchymal Stem Cells (MSCs) are known to play a vital role in the regeneration of injured tissue by honing in on injured or diseased cells and secreting bioactive factors, Bioactive factors secreted by MSCs stimulate resident stem cells that then construct new tissue. Exosomes have the potential to recapitulate this therapeutic function while avoiding issues associated with using whole stem cells.
- Within regenerative medicine, exosome therapy is the latest treatment that is impressing doctors – many argue that exosomes may be more important than stem cells due to their unique ability to function as a “messenger” within the body, transferring information from cell to cell. Enhancing regenerative medicine therapy with exosomes is considered a superior and optimal therapy.
- Due to their small size, exosomes are better able to avoid entrapment in filter organs and cross biological barriers than mesenchymal stem cells.
- Due to their cellular nature, there is a low risk of adverse side effects such as neoplastic transformation or eliciting an immune response.
Potential Treatment Areas
- Back Pain
- Cartilage Damage
- Nerve Injury
- Degenerated Joints
- Joint Dysfunction
- Knee Injuries
- Rotator Cuff Injury
- Ligament Tears
- Meniscus Damage
- Muscle Tears
- Tendon Tears
Rexo™ is processed from healthy, carefully screened mothers at the time of scheduled cesarean section. All donors are pre-screened and undergo comprehensive serological testing that includes:
*Infectious disease testing is performed at a certified laboratory in accordance with the Clinical Laboratory Improvement Amendments of 1988 (CLIA) and 42 CFR Part 493.